Social Responsibility at the DSK
Goals and Objectives of Social Responsibility at DSK:
- To provide opportunities for learners, parents and teachers to develop an awareness of their own state of privilege in relation to their immediate surroundings and the world.
- To instill in learners, parents and teachers an awareness for the meaning of social responsibility and what it requires and teaches, e.g. respect, humility, willingness to learn and grow, appreciation for diversity.
- To create opportunities for the school community to become active and use their privilege responsibly and wisely.
- To create opportunities for learners to deeply interact and connect with young people from other communities or circumstances, allowing them to develop meaningful relationships and partnerships with individuals and organisations and boosting their personal growth.
- To support the school spirit by aligning the school community behind a select number of well-defined causes over a sustained period of time.
- To support a positive DSK brand by creating a clear and succinct message and association with a particular goal and objective.
- To ensure that DSK funds, resources and energy are used wisely and to the mutual benefit of both the DSK and the project partners.
- To develop a culture of social responsibility where involvement is seen to be fun, cool, the right thing to do and inappropriate to ignore.
Social Responsibility Diagram: download here