Key Performance Areas:
- Responsible for accounting, financial and controlling processes
- Reporting of financial results to the School Governing Body as well as the Federal Administration Office in Germany
- First point of contact for auditors and tax authority
- Responsible for correct accounting according to school policies
- Ensuring Corporate Governance Practices are adhered to
- Deputising for the Bursar in all areas of the Admin Department
- Office Management
Key Requirements / Selection Criteria
- Relevant qualification from a recognised tertiary institution
- At least 4 years’ experience in similar positions
- Good command of the English & German language
- Highly proficient with MS Office, especially Excel
- Knowledge of accounting software, e. g. Pastel
- Independent, structured and efficient work methods
- Team Player, flexibility and ability to work under pressure
If you fulfil above criteria, we would welcome your application including CV, relevant documents, certificates, and salary expectation by no later than 7 April 2017. Please address your email to Helga Ewers, email: email@example.com
English teacher (English stream)
We are looking for a native English language teacher as from July 2017 onwards for the intermediate and senior phase (Grades 5-12).
- A teaching diploma in relevant field and SACE registration.
- Min. 2 years working experience as an English language teacher
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- Interested in journalism, media and writing advantageous
- The successful applicant must be a dynamic educator with leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal skills
- The successful applicant must be South African and/or a Permanent Residence holder.
Please address you application (CV and motivational letter) to Mr Kirmse and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 04.04.2017
We are looking for a Matron for our Boarding House
“The Matron shall emphasises the caring foundation of the role in our ‘boarding home’”
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide an adult presence during agreed hours and cover emergencies
Wake up duty, general duties as instructed
- Supervision during mealtimes
- Respond promptly to the mobile and landline phone, email, door etc. during specified hours.
- Observe and action maintenance needs within the House (liaison with Estate Management)
- Contact/ Communication with parents (in cooperation with social pedagogue)
- Welcome all visitors and provide tours around the house, when necessary.
- Keep all relevant records up to date
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle of boarders
- Remain in constant communication with the boarders, eg. common dinner time (eg. prep / org / time to spend with boarders)
- Re-enforcing and execution of regulations and rules at the house eg. kitchen duty-scheduling and controlling or follow-up on washing and washing duties
- Carry out any duties that may reasonably be requested
- Organisation of guest-family weekends
- Be actively involved in mentoring the boarders
- Upholding the team spirit
- Positively encourage and affirm boarders
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar position
- A proven track record and clean police record
- Fluent in English is essential; German language advantageous (most students are from Germany)
- A drivers' license is essential, PDP necessary and advantageous
- An excellent team player with the ability to motivate and solve problems
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to create a ‘home’ for boarders
- The ability to deal with emergencies calmly
- Organisational skills
- IT skills for record keeping and report writing
- Practical skills
- Must be SA-ID-holder (perm residence and/or citizenship) - legal guardian to boarders.
Permanent employment, start date: 10.04.2017 or later during April 2017
Up to 45 hrs average per week, weekends shifts
Accommodation and full boarding provided
Pension Fund + Medical Aid + Bonus payment
Are you interested in working for the school in Cape Town? Please hand in your application to Mr Kirmse,
email: email@example.com. Deadline: 17.03.2017. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your understanding.
The school reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application will not in itself entitle an applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.