SPORT and EXTRAMURAL COORDINATOR
Start date: as soon as possible (latest start date: 8 April 2019)
The German International School Cape Town (DSK) is seeking to employ a Sport and Extramural Coordinator. The role is of an administrative nature. The person is required to be on site regularly in order to stay in touch with the coaches, to visit classes, to coordinate tasks and topics with school management and other relevant parties. The person must be able to work resourceful and take initiative to meet, coordinate and structure the extramural’s at the DSK.
Main tasks amongst others will be:
- Sourcing and employment (in cooperation with HR-Manager if needed and/or experts), care and supervision of coaches and teachers
- Coordination of communication between the school, the coaches and teachers
- Sign-off of monthly payments/hourly invoices of coaches and teachers in cooperation with the HR Manager and the Finance department
- Plan extramural lists for the website
- Collecting participation lists at the end of each term
- Forwarding participation lists to report writers
- Yearly planning of activities and visualisation (generating overview)
- Creation of a structural overview and suggestions of activities to be offered and/or excluded
- Annual report of activities for various media (Website, Yearbook, Reporting)
- Curriculum and Assessment sheets
- Termly participation statistics
- With and between the following parties: coaches, parents, teachers, school management, learners, maintenance team, marketing department concerning both future events/fixtures on to the calendar and providing the results
- Regular meetings with the Heads of Sport
- Weekly meeting with soccer coaches
- Update website detail regularly
- Using the following media: notice board, communicator, assemblies, letters to parents, website
- Fixtures: attend league meetings, set dates, set up communication, venues and catering
- DSK annual events: League matches, Slim Cup, and Tournaments: Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, and Tennis
- Other sporting events
- Ensure the smooth running of the booking and coordination for the sport
The role will be new at the school in terms of one person coordinating the extramural activities at the school and re-structuring the actual programme in line with the usage of the two sports halls, a multipurpose court, a swimming pool and a sports field.
Existing coordination roles have been done in the past as well and due to the high volume of administration work, the DSK is looking for a person with initiative and strong interpersonal skills alongside with proven administrative experiences.
The applicant must be able to speak English fluently. German and/or other languages is advantageous.
The preferred candidate also has:
- a matric certificate
- knowledge of sports in general and/or a specific sport (e.g. soccer/tennis/swimming) with a passion for sports
- is resourceful when dealing with people and challenges and takes initiative to meet with the relevant parties
- has a passion for administration and advanced experience with Microsoft Office
- ability to make decisions and able to provide information to stakeholders on a regular basis
Please email your application with your CV and motivational letter to Mr Kirmse (School Principal) on email@example.com
Application deadline: 28 February 2019
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The school reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application will not in itself entitle an applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. For any queries please contact our HR department.