Our beautiful library, the DSK Media Centre, is well stocked with current literature in German, English, IsiXhosa, Afrikaans and French. The library doubles up as a media centre with computers, laptops and printing facilities for learners and teachers.
We would love to hear from you if you have any suggestions/ideas for the library and we will do our best to accommodate you. Book recommendations are welcome so please feel free to pop in!
- A valid student card must be presented at all times when taking out books or laptops.
- As much as we are thrilled that our learners enjoy reading, it is important that the books are returned on time.
- Loans are for a period of 2 weeks.
Taking out books of school owned books
- Books, DVDs or other media borrowed from the school must be returned by the end of the school year (deadline: last day of school); fines may no longer be outstanding. Books or fines that are still outstanding on the last day of school in December will be deducted with the next invoice for school fees the following January.
- The textbooks are given out for each class on a specific day during a specific course set by the library staff. The exact dates will be announced to all teachers in good time by e-mail. The respective subject teacher accompanies the class to the library during the corresponding course.
- School books are only handed out on presentation of the student card. The class teacher informs the students about the date in good time and reminds them to have the student cards with them that day.
- At the end of the school year (or when a student leaves the DSK), the received set of school book must be returned in full. This takes place at the end of the school year on a date set by the library staff. The corresponding subject teacher accompanies the class to the library.
- For their own safe guarding, each student must write his name in ink on the loan slip provided at the front of the book immediately after receiving the textbooks. This happens immediately after returning to the classroom.
- As long as a student has a book belonging to the DSK in his possession, he is fully responsible for that book. If the book is lost or damaged too much, the replacement value of the book must be paid for. A damaged or broken CD will be charged with R50. A adamaged DVD will be charged with R200.
- The plastic cover with which every book has been provided serves to extend the life of the book and must be protected. Therefore, each text book must be provided with an additional protective cover – please do not use adhesive film.
- In addition, nothing may be underlined or written in any borrowed book.
If you have any further questions, please contact Sigi Weiss: email@example.com