Tygerberg Satellite Campus
Families from the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town might prefer to enrol their child/children at our Tygerberg primary school satellite campus, which caters for German-speaking children from Grade 1 to 4.
- The same German syllabus as taught at the main campus
- German as the language of instruction and as colloquial language
- Vast and spacious school ground
- Adjacent sports amenities
- Daily aftercare until 17:00h
- Extensive extramural programmes: recorder, piano, tennis, soccer, cricket, yoga, clay work, ballet, social responsibility, (swimming).
- Plays, fancy dress at carnival day, flea market
Although the two DSK campuses are far apart, the Tygerberg campus regularly joins in on activities at the main campus to interact with peer classes and to familiarise themselves with the layout of the main school.
Such events include:
- first day of school for Grade 1s
- the annual swimming gala
- sports and game days
- music concerts
- reading and chess competitions
- Grade 4 class camp
After four years, the transition into Grade 5 at the main campus in Tamboerskloof happens automatically. Two bus routes link the Northern suburbs to Tamboerskloof, leaving daily from either Table View or Tygervalley. Early and late buses are available in the afternoons.