Monday + Tuesday: 7:30h – 15:50h
Wednesday + Thursday: 7:00h – 15:50h
Friday: 7:00h – 13:15h
Monday – Thursday: 7:45h – 14:30h
Friday: 7:45h – 13:15h
Orders for textbooks can only be done online with the Western Cape School Suppliers: www.wcapess.co.za
The following books provided by the school can be viewed below:Grade 1 - 4 Grade 5 - 9 Grade 10 - 12
About the School Textbook Library
1. Borrowed DSK books, DVDs or other media must be returned to the school by year-end (due date is the last day of term when reports are handed out) and all penalties must be paid up. All overdue books or outstanding payments (on the last day of term 4 in December) will be added to the school account in January. Learners leaving the school will only receive their reports after having paid all outstanding amounts.
2. School books will be distributed individually to the classes on a specific day and in a lesson
determined by the library. The exact date and time will be communicated to all teachers via
email. The respective subject teacher will accompany the class to the library during that lesson.
3. School books will only be handed out upon presentation of a valid student card. The class teacher will inform the learners about this date and will remind them to bring their student cards on that day.
4. At the end of the school year (or when a learner leaves the DSK) all books have to be returned together. This will again happen on a specific day, allocated by the library. The respective subject teacher will accompany the class to the library.
5. For their own coverage, every learner has to sign his or her name in ink onto the loan note in the front of the book. This happens immediately after returning to the classroom.
6. While a learner is in possession of such a schoolbook, he/she carries full responsibility for it.
Should such a DSK schoolbook be lost or damaged badly, the full replacement value has to be paid. A damaged or broken CD/DVD will be charged at R50/CD and R200/DVD respectively.
7. The plastic cover of each book needs to be looked after as it serves the purpose of prolonging the books life. Please cover every book with another slip-on cover (non-stick) for protection.
8. Furthermore, nothing may be underlined or written in any school book that was borrowed from the school.
Our beautiful library, the DSK Media Centre, is well stocked with current literature in German, English, IsiXhosa, Afrikaans and French. The library doubles up as a media centre with computers, laptops and printing facilities for learners and teachers.
We would love to hear from you if you have any suggestions/ideas for the library and we will do our best to accommodate you. Book recommendations are welcome so please feel free to pop in!
• A valid student card must be presented at all times when taking out books or laptops.
• As much as we are thrilled that our learners enjoy reading, it is important that the books are returned on time.
• Loans are for a period of 2 weeks.