Counsellor / Behavioural Specialist at our Learner Support Centre (Star Center)
Start date: 15 July 2019 or 01 August 2019 (latest possible start date is 1 September 2019)
- Appropriate professional qualification and experience in remedial teaching/special needs, counselling or equivalent in education is necessary
- Excellent skills in communicating with children between the ages of 9-16
- Have in-depth knowledge of individual education programmes and in counselling
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to engage and participate in a multi-disciplinary team is essential
- Applicant need to be fluent in English, German language skills are advantageous
- Counselling and working with learners between grade 7-12, involving coping strategies for stressful situations, conflict resolution skills and cultural awareness
- liaising with other professionals, such as language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists as well as parents/guardians
Only South African applicants or applicants with a valid work permit will be accepted.
Please address your CV to Marinke Soeters and send it to email@example.com
The application deadline is 07 June 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The school reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application will not in itself entitle an applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. For any queries please contact our HR department.