We are looking to employ a Web and Graphic Designer as from 01.05.2020
The preferred candidate:
- Candidate must have a relevant Design Degree/Diploma
- 2 years of experience in website layout and design
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Ability to work well within a team and meet deadlines
- Have initiative and be able to make decisions in a small team
- Be a confident and competent communicator, both written and verbal
- English language essential, German language advantageous
- Software knowledge: Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom), WordPress, Elementor, Microsoft office
The ideal candidate must be willing to learn/ have some experience in:
Figma, MailChimp, understanding of Social Media (FB, Insta, YT), iMovie/ Premiere Pro
Essential duties and responsibilities are
- Brand design (logo design and developing new modern CI imagery constantly)
- Design of all print and digital media and official school documents
- Coordination, design and art direction of the annual yearbook (coordinating and scheduling of content, arrange printing and distribution)
- Design and distribution of internal newsletters
- UX and UI for official website and parent portal design (Figma)
- Liaising with developers and contributors
- Website graphics
- Social Media strategies and content handling (pictures, articles)
Please address your application (CV, portfolio, motivational letters and qualification certificates) to Sandra Farrenkothen – email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is: 23 April 2021.
Please note, only South African ID holder or Permanent residence holder and/or with relevant work allowance can apply. Please also note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The school reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application will not in itself entitle an applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. For any queries please contact our HR department.