Our aftercare is aimed at learners from Grade 1 – 6.
Opening hours/ supervision time
Monday – Thursday: 12:10h – 17:00h
Fridays: 11:10h – 17:00h
- Supervised lunch in Linga Longa (cost per lunch R35.00)
- Homework supervision (from 12:55h – 13:40h)
- Fruit snack at 15:00h
- Social and creative learning during free play (inside and outside)
- NAB leisure facilities eg. arts and craft, baking, music, yoga, reading in the library, soccer cage etc.
- Bus service
- Activities with parents: eg. picnic, biscuit/ cookie baking, Christmas party
- Holiday programme, for more information please email SabineFleiss@dsk.co.za
- 7 homework groups (5 in the C-Block, 2 in the N-Block near sports field),
- Playroom in Primary school playground
- Outside play area, which is the playground near the sports field and Primary school grounds, reaching to the big jungle gym
6 pedagogical staff, 3 interns from Germany, 1 Primary school teacher and 1 intern teacher.
Collection of Children due to Covid-19
Due to Covid-19 protocols parents not allowed to enter school premises. Children will be signed out by aftercare and sent to gate after phone call by parents on their arrival (mobil: 076-9754069, Aftercare room: 021-4803844).
Participation in the afternoon care is generally voluntary, but only possible when registration is confirmed and general rules are accepted..
We have different rules that apply to different grades
For security and supervision reasons, aftercare learners have to be fetched by caregivers personally and signed out.
Number of Participants
We are currently at full capacity with 185 children. There is no legal claim for aftercare. If afternoon care is urgently needed, e.g. work related, you should definitely register your child in writing well in advance.
Look at the application form to see fees. Fees will be charged per term with the school fee account. Fees may be subject to increases.
For more info contact Sabine Weihe on +27 (0) 21 480 3844 or via cell under +27 (0) 76 975 4069 .